KwaZulu-Natal Master Builders and Allied Industries Association held its 121st Annual General Meeting (AGM) on 28 June 2022. The Executive Council for the next term of office was elected and Marcus Peter Gonzalves of FS Gonzalves Construction was designated as the President of the Association. Once again, the Association received an unqualified audit report.
The Association represents member companies in the KwaZulu-Natal construction value chain and provides them with specialist support services. During the AGM, the Association reported on its financial performance, highlighted the services provided to its members to overcome various challenges and outlined its plans to contribute to the growth of the construction industry.
Marcus Peter Gonzalves,
President of Master Builder KwaZulu-Natal
The incoming President, Marcus Peter Gonzalves stated: “These are challenging economic times and we need to join hands in resuscitating the construction industry. Under my leadership, I will certainly strive towards vigorously pursuing a sustainable construction industry as we participate in the rebuilding process. It is comforting to know that the Association is renowned as an industry leader and is well-positioned to take us on this onward journey.”
He pointed out that emphasis would be placed on enhancing lobbying and advocacy with participation at key industry platforms, facilitating work opportunities for members through engagement with developers and funders, increasing infrastructure investment and skills development in the industry.
The outgoing President, Bhekisisa Samson Ngcongo said: “The industry has been in ‘crisis mode’ since 2020 and this has led to serious challenges. However, the Association remained steadfast in its commitment to keep both the Association and the industry afloat during these tough times.”
The Executive Director of the Association, Vikashnee Harbhajan indicated that considering the state of the economy during the period under review, the Association was relieved to close the financial year with 715 members, with increased growth in the Small Business Member category. “As we move towards a new year, we would like to assure members that the Association will continue to be unrelenting in its efforts to represent your best interests at all levels, as we continue to lobby and advocate for a more sustainable construction industry,” added Harbhajan.
The Executive Council for the next term of office is as follows:
- Marcus Peter Gonzalves, FS Gonzalves Construction – (President)
- Bhekisisa Samson Ngcongo, Dambuza Community Development Trust – (Immediate Past President)
- Rajeshree Moodley, Globacon (Pty) Ltd – (Vice-President)
- Lance Walter Ridl, Ridl Construction (Pty) Ltd – (Vice-President)
- Craig Gainsford, GVK-Siya Zama Building Contractors (Pty) Ltd – (Vice-President)
- Moegamat Sharwat Behardien, MET Developments (Pty) Ltd
- Matthys Johannes Blom, Plankonsult
- Dirk Jacobus Francois Louw, MET Builders (Pty) Ltd
- Vivekananda Venketas Naidoo, 2C Projects CC
- Kalwyn Ramiah, WBHO Construction (Pty) Ltd
- Joyce Dolly Tembe, Sakhisizwe Development Training
- Nelson Paulo Dos Santos Rodrigues, Grinaker – LTA (Pty) Ltd
- Moses Sangweni, Afriscan Construction
For enquiries, please contact:
031 266 7070
082 853 9644
Executive Director of Master Builder KwaZulu-Natal